Pages

26 August 2014

DIY: Phone Case :  



Since posting a picture of my phone case on Instagram and suggesting a blog post lots of you were interested. This phone case is very affordable and you only need to invest in a couple of pounds. It's completely re-designable and you can use any images you wish. But please do bear in mind that if you decide to use images off of sites such as Tumblr and Weheartit etcetera like myself, you cannot sale any of the products you make because you do not own rights to these pictures! 


Step #1 : 

~ The first step in creating this case is to purchase a clear transparent, hard back case. Yes, you could use this on its own but I think this DIY makes it even more fun and personal. The perfect place to get these is of coarse ebay. The prices are going to vary depending on what one you choose to buy but mine was only 1-2 pounds. 


Step #2 : 

~ Once your case has been delivered, this is when your creativity steps in! Using any site, (in my case I used paint on a windows laptop) start collecting images you want on your case using google images. To get images like mine I typed in tumblr before of after the name of what you are looking for. For Example : tumblr food. 



Step #3 : 

~ When you have all the images you want, start making it into a collage. Please note you don't have to do a collage but in my opinion it looks better and when it comes to the final outcome your images won't be as blurred and pixelated. I don't have an approximate size for you to base the size of your image/collage on because i used paint. But before you do it for real, print it out on regular A4 paper before hand. I just estimated and worked through that but I warn you it is trial and error. It also matters if you want your images to cover the sides of your phone as well. I chose not to but you will have to take that into consideration when working on the size. 



Step #4: 

~ Now that you have got the appropriate size for your device, your going to insert photograph paper into your printer. The reason I used photograph paper is because it makes your images so so SO much brighter and because it's slightly thicker it's less likely to become damaged quickly. However if your not able to get your hands on some photograph paper, regular paper is fine. 



Step #5 : 

~ Carefully cut out your image and place it inside your case, if you have a camera on the back of your phone the image you printed out is likely to be covering that up. So while your phone is still in the case, take a pencil and lightly circle on the image where the camera is. When it comes to cutting the space out you may need some assistance because it is quite tricking trying to make it neat when the area you need to cut is so small. This also applies if you have volume buttons at the side and your image goes all the way around your phone.



~ That's it, your phone case is finished! I really hope you liked this as it is my first DIY on my blog and am really happy with the outcome. If you do do this DIY I would LOVE to see what you came up with so please remember to show me on Instagram etc ~ BYEEE X 



















1 comment: